The annual “wireless for good” competition awards $600,000 in cash to advance your innovative designs and ideas
January 8, 2013—Redwood City, CA –The Vodafone Americas Foundation™ today announced its final call for applicants for the annual Wireless Innovation Project™, a competition that identifies and supports wireless-related technologies with high potential to solve critical global issues. Proposals will be accepted through January 13th at Midnight PST and winners will be announced in April at the Global Philanthropy Forum to be held in the Bay Area.
Why apply? Simply, the statistics for success are largely in your favor. Since launching the Wireless Innovation Project™ competition in 2009, every single winner has experienced growth and success for their wireless solution. Winning entrepreneurs across industries have:
- Completed prototypes of their solutions – some winners are working on their 4th generation of their product
- Conducted further testing – all winning ideas have grown faster than expected
- Increased their funding sources – some have even received generous VC funding
- Enjoyed significant growth abroad – markets such as Africa and India have been attracted to winning solutions
“Today, mobile solutions are no longer a ‘nice to have,’ they are essential to today’s connected world. Each year, those winning entries prove this by succeeding in compassion and ingenuity that consistently leads to the production of new market solutions for tomorrow,” said Fay Arjomandi , President and Chair of Vodafone Americas Foundation.
- 6 Days Left to Apply: Projects should be global in scope and must be at a stage of research where an advanced prototype or field/market test can occur during the award period. Details about eligibility and the application can be found at http://isondesign.net/vodafone.
- The Judges: A panel of judges from the fields of wireless engineering, international development, social entrepreneurship, and business will evaluate the applications for their potential to solve issues in the fields of education, health, access to communication, economic development, and the environment/disaster relief.
- Award details: Applicants compete for first, second and third-place prizes worth $300,000, $200,000 and $100,000, respectively.
For further details about the competition, past winners and more about the Foundation visit www.vodafone-us.com.